As we approach the March break, we understand that anxiety around the spread of the COVID-19 virus increases, specifically with those travelling. Hence, we wanted to share public health updates to all our community members regarding the COVID-19 virus. Although anxiety around the spread of the virus continues, it is important to note that our public health authorities continue to assure us that the risk of infection in our region remains low.
Currently, if you are traveling outside of Canada, please monitor your health for fever, cough and difficulty breathing for 14 days after returning to Canada. If you have symptoms, please call your family doctor or TeleHealth at 1-866-797-0000 and they will provide advice on what to do.
Everyone is encouraged to continue reinforcing important preventative measures during cold and influenza seasons, including:
- washing your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- covering your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze with a tissue or flexed elbow if you don’t have a tissue;
- cleaning high-touch surfaces frequently with disinfectant wipes; and
- if you develop a fever and cough, stay at home until you have fully recovered.
In addition, the London Muslim Mosque is taking the following proactive measures:
- cleaning routines will be adjusted to ensure that all touch points (i.e. door handles, desktops, etc.) are cleaned and sanitized with greater frequency; and
- custodial staff will take extra care to ensure regular replenishing of foaming hand soap, hand sanitizer, and paper products in our Mosque.
The London Muslim Mosque (LMM) is proud to have such a diverse community. We know that concerns about this virus can create feelings of anxiety and concern for our visitors. As a caring and inclusive community, we want to ensure that we are getting information from accurate sources to avoid discrimination in our Mosque as a result of this virus.
Below are some additional resources where you can find more information about the COVID-19 and useful ‘how to’ sites regarding precautionary measures:
- Ontario Ministry of Health
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Government of Canada Travel Advice and Advisory
- How to Self-Monitor
- How to Self-Isolate
- How to Handwash
Jazākoum Allāhu Khayran.