We are excited to let you know that we are opening for Friday prayer (by pre-registration only) tomorrow (Friday, June 12) insha’Allah. This does not apply to St. Thomas or any of LMM's satellite prayer sites which will not be open for jumu'ah prayers at this time.
Three prayers will be held at limited capacity in accordance with all directives received from the government. Women and men will only be allowed to enter the LMM premises if they have pre-registered online and capacity will be limited in each section proportional to the LMM’s space constraints. This is in adherence to the COVID-19 guidelines for the re-opening of places of worship.
Online registration will be required on a weekly basis. Please follow one of the three links outlined below to register online for one of tomorrow’s prayers:
- 12 PM - https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/friday-prayer-12-pm-tickets-109204034206
- 1:15 PM - https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/friday-prayer-115-pm-tickets-109203205728
- 2:30 PM - https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/friday-prayer-230-pm-tickets-109204280944
Please find below the requirements issued by our COVID-19 Task Force outlining the rules for prayer attendance during this difficult time:
- The London Muslim Mosque is not responsible and will not be held liable for any congregant sustaining harm, injury, or illness as a result of their attendance.
- The following congregants should not come to the mosque: (1) those who are not feeling well, (2) have travelled outside the country in the last 14 days, or (3) have come in contact with a case of suspected or confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14 days without proper personal protective equipment. Temperature devices will be used to verify your wellness status.
- Multiple prayers will be performed on Friday to accommodate as many people as needed
- The Khutbah and prayer together will not exceed 20 minutes in order to allow the following congregation to form without cross traffic forming.
- All facilities other than the prayer hall will be inaccessible (this includes the washrooms). Of special mention is the kitchen. No food or drink will be sold or consumed on the premises.
- All the Qur’an shelves will be encased with plastic rendering them inaccessible.
- We will provide a few sanitizing stations at the entrances and exits. You are encouraged to use them upon entering and leaving. We will also make sure to sanitize the premises after each prayer. We will also keep all doors leading to the prayer hall open and guarded to decrease any possibility of contamination through touch.
- No congregants below the age of 16 will be allowed on the premises. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- We strongly recommend congregants above the age of 70 to pray at home. Congregants above the age of 70 attending prayer may do so but at their own risk.
Before coming to the mosque, please make sure to have the following with you:
- Your own prayer mat. You will not be allowed to the mosque without a prayer mat.
- Your reservation (a paper copy or on your cell phone and a government issued photo ID). Please be prepared to show this to our volunteers or you will not be let in.
- A facemask to be worn always while on the premises.
- Your wudu! Washrooms will not be accessible. Please make sure to use the washroom and do your Wudu before coming to the mosque. No wudu will be allowed on the premises.
Upon arriving on the premises, you are required to:
- Stay in your car until volunteers start directing people to enter
- Maintain a two-meter distance between you and the other person (marks will be on the ground to help you). Please do not shake hands or hug anyone.
- You will be handed a clear plastic bag to put your shoes in. You will have to keep your shoes with you. Shoe racks are not accessible, neither are shoehorns.
- You will be ushered to your marked spot in the prayer hall.
- Leave immediately after Fard prayer. Sunnah and Nafl prayers are to be performed at home. No social gatherings are permitted.
- Do not approach the Imam for any inquiries. That may be done through phone or social media.
- Do not use electric outlets to charge devices.
- Make sure to follow lines of dismissal when prayers are complete and drive off in an organized manner to facilitate emptying the premises.
- Make sure to obey the instructions of the volunteers and security staff, and remember they are giving their time to ensure our safety. Offensive and threatening behavior by any member of the congregation will not be tolerated.
After leaving the premise, you are required to:
- Promptly report any symptoms, God forbid, that may be identified with COVID-19 infection by contacting the London Muslim Mosque. You are encouraged not to visit different places of worship during the pandemic to help in tracing any possible infection.